Saffron Rice with Green Garlic and Crispy Shallots
The saffron rice with Persian polos, sabzi polo, and white shallots add a crunchy layer to the saffron rice. You can serve with yogurt sauce as well. Saffron spice imparts characteristic aroma, color and taste in your dishes.
- Basmati rice 3 cups
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil about 3 cups for frying
- 3 large shallots, sliced into rings
- ¾ cilantro chopped finely
- ¾ finely chopped dill
- ¾ finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped mint
- Half cup finely chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon ground saffron threads
- 4-4 lavish squares or 7 lettuce leaves, dark part only
- Finely chopped 4 garlic 4 scallion pale green and white parts
- 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon ground rose petals
- Place rice into a large saucepan and pour in lukewarm water. Use your hands and agitate rice until the water becomes cloudy and drain. Repeat procedure until the water remains clear maximum 4 to 5 times. Pour 6 cups cold water and add salt. Soak 1 teaspoon of saffron not more then as saffron price is high be careful about quantity as per recipe need and left it at room temperature at least 1 hour and more than 4 hours.
- Pour oil into a saucepan and bring about 2 upsides, add chopped shallots and set the heat at a medium. Cook 10 to 12 minutes until shallots are crisp and golden. Use a slotted spoon, add shallots to the paper towels and sprinkle salt. Keep oil into a small bowl and let it cool.
- Put dill, parsley, cilantro, and tarragon into a saucepan and set aside one cup for serving. Dissolve one teaspoon saffron in hot water.
- Take a large pot and boil salted water use a nonstick saucepan it will prevent rice release at the end. Drain boiled rice and add to a pot, stir gently to stop any rice grain from sticking to the bottom. Bring rice to a boil and cook until rice grains begin to float on the surface of the water for about 4 minutes. Drain boiled water and rinse under cold water spread rice on a rimmed baking sheet and then wash out a pot.
- Pour three tablespoons shallot oil into a saucepan swirl in 2 tablespoon and saffron water and reserve remaining saffron for serving. Oil should barely over the pan base add more oil if you need. Add garlic and repeat alternating layers and herbs. Use a wooden spoon handle to poke holes in rice and let the steam to escape. Wrap the lid with a towel and pot cover. Cook at medium flame until herbs are little darkened for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Decrease warmth to medium-low, reveal and pour softened margarine equally over rice. Cover and cook until the point that rice is fragrant and feathery, 20–30 minutes. Expel from warm; let settle 10 minutes. Taste rice and season with more salt if necessary.
- Scoop 1½ mugs rice into the saved saffron water and hurl to sharing rice. Layer saffron rice with rice in a pot, held herbs, and fresh shallots. Top with flower petals if utilizing. Separate lavish outside layer into pieces and serve close by rice.