The spicy fish saffron recipe is a breeze to gather friends and family- open the parcels on the dining table.
To cook this recipe you will want a blender to make the chermoula. Each serving provides 32g protein, 479kcal, 10g carbohydrates, 32g fat, 3.5g fiber, and 0.2g salt. here are steps mentioned how to prepare amazing saffron recipe spiced salmon.
For the chermoula paste
Large fresh coriander bunch
6 garlic cloves
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp sweet paprika
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
Large pinch of saffron strands
5cm/2in piece of ginger
1 red chili, with removed seeds
2 tbsp. white vinegar (ordinary balsamic vinegar)
1 lemon juice
3 tbsp. olive oil
Salt to taste
Pepper, to taste (optional)
For the salmon
150g/5oz salmon fillets
1 tsp. olive oil
1 white onion, sliced into thin wedges
2 red peppers, stalk removed, de-seeded, flesh cut into strips
100ml white wine
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp. fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1 tsp. grated lemon zest
Dash vegetable oil, for greasing
½ lemon, cut into 4 thin slices
Cooked couscous, to serve
Black olives, sliced, to serve
- First, Preheat the oven to 200C/180C
- To prepare the chermoula paste, blend all of the ingredients, except the cayenne pepper and salt, in a food processor until smooth and well mixed. Season, to taste, with salt and cayenne pepper, if by.
- Use the chermoula paste liberally all over the salmon fillets. Cover and set aside to marinate, and up to an hour.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and red peppers and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until they start to unstiffen but are still intact.
- Add the wine and boil the mixture, then low the heat until the wine is simmering. For 2-3 minutes, until the wine has vaporized.
- Put tomatoes, moderate the heat slightly, and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until they start to break down. Stir in the basil and lemon zest.
- Cut four large pieces of aluminum foil – each require being large enough to wrap a fish fillet. Spray or brush each piece of parchment or foil with a little vegetable oil, then place one chermoula-coated salmon fillet into the center.
- Add a slice of lemon on top of each fish fillet. Spoon one-quarter of the red pepper and tomato mixture of fish.
- Neatly wrap the fish by bringing the edges of the parchment or foil and folding to seal on sides.
- Place the fish on a tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the salmon saffron recipe is cooked.
- To serve, place the fish parcels onto serving plates. Serve with a large bowl of steamed with a few black olives.