Saffron Arancini deep-fried rice balls
Saffron is a spice rich in nutrition, apart from this expensive spice there are many health benefits of saffron. Which make it Premium Persian Saffron spice even more precious and demanded.
The saffron Arancini, fried rice balls, are tasty and fun, it is basically a Sicilian recipe: you can learn here how to make this amazing recipe at home and how to make deep fried rice balls with cheese and saffron spice, a traditional street food.
- 500ml water
- 300g rice
- Saffron 1 tablespoon
- Butter 2 tablespoon
- Cheese 50g
- Mozzarella 150g
- Eggs 2 each
- Flour 2 tablespoon
- Oil peas
- To garnish: bay
HOW TO MAKE ARANCINI
- To prepare saffron arancini, Italian fried rice balls at home:
- Start by putting the water and rice into a saucepan with a pinch of salt. Bring rice and water to a boil and cook over a very low heat, stirring the content frequently, until the water has been absorbed completely.
- Dissolve the saffron spice in the hot water and stir into the rice with the Parmesan. Leave the content to cool slightly, and then stir in the 1 egg and butter.
- Beat 1 egg in a deep bowl and season lightly with pepper and salt.
- Make 10 balls form the cooled rice about the size of a mandarin orange. Make a depression in the center of the ball with your finger and fill with the chopped cheese, as well as meat and peas and seal the opening.
- Dust the rice balls with flour and roll balls first in egg and then in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan and fry the rice balls, a few at a time until it becomes golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
Place arancini fried rice balls on a serving plate and then garnish with bay leaves, and get maximum saffron benefits.