Persian Saffron ice-cream and sesame wafer
Saffron is known as The Golden Spice and has been used as a seasoning and coloring agent from the ancient times. The modern researches reveal the use of Persian saffron as the antioxidant that boosts up the immune system and to enhance energy level.
The best way to attain maximum saffron benefits is to utilize saffron into daily routine recipes. A pinch of saffron into recipes gives an amazing aroma and flavor to dishes.
Adding saffron in hot water releases an amazing aroma and color. You can also cook gluten-free saffron deserts.
- Sesame Wafer
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup black and/or white sesame seeds
- 1 big pinch of saffron threads
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium flame.
- Remove from heat and mix in sugar, salt, and honey then flour.
- Add sesame seeds.
- Transfer dough to a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and crush with a spoon or offset spatula till dough is no more than ¼” thick. Bake until the wafer is golden brown and smells like caramel, 10–11 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet.
Wafer can be made 3 days in advance. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.
Place saffron in a medium bowl and pour in 1 tsp. boiling water. Let it sit until saffron is hydrated and discharges its color, 10–12 minutes. Stir in oil.
Break wafer into large pieces. Scoop ice cream into bowls; sprinkle saffron oil and top with a wafer.
Enjoy saffron benefits in this amazing Iranian saffron ice-cream.